Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hello Sioux Falls!

Hello everyone, Dan Bronis here; Your newest addition to the KDLT weather team. I thought I would blog a little about myself and give you some background information on me!

I came here from Cave Creek, AZ (a suburb of Phoenix) where it is warm and sunny most of the time but I am originally from Chicago, IL so the cold and snow is somewhere in my blood (just have to find it)! I moved out the Chi-town area at age 11 and moved to Salt Lake City, Utah for two years before heading off to the phoenix area. While in Cave Creek I graduated Cactus Shadows High School in 2004 and worked my way over to Arizona State University in 2007 after attending community college for a few years. While at ASU I attended the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences where I received my Bachelors in Geography concentrated in Meteorology/Climatology. After graduating college in May of 2009, I decided to take a few months to myself and enjoy life before entering the work force.

In my spare time I love to ski, especially in the Salt Lake area (the best snow on earth)! I love mountains and will do any activity that involves outdoors in the west. Luckily I like to fish and there's plenty of that here in the upper plains; Biking is always a fun way to spend a nice sunny day outside and I'm looking forward to cruising the bike path along the river here in summer. Being from Chicago I have this thing for the Cubs and will root them on no matter how bad they might play, and they play bad fairly often.

Weather has fascinated my brain ever since high school and I always wanted to broadcast weather to the public and now that I finally get the chance to do that I couldn't be happier. Hopefully Sioux Falls treats me well and I look forward to sharing interesting weather stories with you from time to time and if you ever run into me out on the streets, please stop me and say hi!

~KDLT Meteorologist Dan Bronis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts from you guys...