Thursday, February 26, 2009

Storm Update: Heavy Snow In Aberdeen & Closing In On Sioux Falls

Well, it's about 4am and I've been now monitoring this storm since about 9am yesterday morning. Cody is off today and on vacation for a few days in a much warmer climate - but as weather people we actually *enjoy* being at work when we have exciting weather to talk about... so I'm not jealous.

Here's what I'm seeing on radar - it looks like some of that freezing rain we've been talking about:

Those returns over in McCook county are only about 35 miles away... so get ready! I predicted last night that this mess will start up around commute time Thursday, and that's what it's shaping up to do. Now it's a much different story toward the North:

I was just talking to a fellow meteorologist from the Aberdeen National Weather Service, and they were telling me about some nasty weather up there. As I write this, likely about 2 inches of snow had fallen with more heavy snow being reported. Not only that, but also some stronger winds were blowing snow around and creating limited visibility.

Get ready for this one and drive safely!

~KDLT Meteorologist Aaron Shaffer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts from you guys...