Friday, November 7, 2008

Ouch

I think that this will prove just how bad it got in some parts of South Dakota yesterday. Now, I realize this isnt technically in the Sioux Empire but I managed to get a couple time lapse pictures of it and wanted to show you. These three pictures were snapshots of I-90 looking East just outside of Wall. The first image is from yesterday aftenoon. The second one is from early this morning, and the third one is from late this morning. I think you will notice the same thing I did.
Well, just in case you dont, here it is. The 18 wheeler you see on all three shots looks like it is the same one. He looks like he jack knifed and slid off the road. If that is correct, then he has been stranded there for almost 18 hours at the time of this post. This is why they closed I-90. And if you look closely enough, there appears to be several other cars that are also stranded. According to the SD DOT and by the look of this camera, I-90 will remain closed until further notice. The good news is that conditions will be improving today so hopefully some of those roads will get cleared.
KDLT Meteorologist Cody Matz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts from you guys...