Monday, January 12, 2009

White Out Conditions!

Like I said yesterday... I'm shocked that we only had 2 school closings by the 10pm show last night. I came in early to help Cody and the morning crew out with school closings and wow - I guess you have to wait until the conditions really get bad to cancel school. Needless to say, I think we ended up with well over 75 school delays and closings and we are already up to 50 for Tuesday.
Holy cow though, this camera is completely covered in white out blizzard conditions. This is a shot taken at 3:12pm on Monday... definitely not a day to be on the roads. But hey, just a few hours later, the clipper moved Southeast and we saw some sunshine as the winds started to decrease, so this is that same camera almost 2.5 hours later:
I don't think this next clipper will be as harsh as far as blizzard conditions since the winds don't look to be as strong, but early Wednesday morning, those winds will pick up again and with another fresh snow on the ground, we could be looking at lowered visibilities once again. Drive safe and stay warm.
~KDLT Meteorologist Jesse Ritka

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts from you guys...