Thursday, January 8, 2009

Snow for the East

Snow is coming in from a clipper system that will be making its way down from Canada later on today. Looks like areas of the northeast will likely get the most snow. Right now, it looks like 2-4 inches but here are a couple of the models I have been watching.Both of these models show a pretty good swath of snow in northeast South Dakota. Both also have some areas picking up as much as 6 inches of snow. But a big part of forecasting is watching trends and I have picked up on a few. The models with this particular system keep trending more and more south. So, it might be possible that places like Sioux Falls, Huron, and Pierre get a little more snow then expected. However, I have noticed that with the last few clippers, the models have really overestimated the amount of snow. That is a big reason why I am only saying 2-4 inches and not 3-6 like the National Weather Service. Now, who knows, I could be dead wrong. But if I am, you now know why. Enjoy the snow!

~KDLT Meteorologist Cody Matz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts from you guys...