Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Uh Oh....Here We Go Again??

I realize that this is really far away and I should be discussing the weather that's happening over the next couple of days. But, when I was forecasting this morning and came across this map from one of the models, you could have knocked me over with a feather. So, I thought I would share it with all of you. This is the 850mb temperature map for Tuesday of next week. This shows temperatures at about 5000 feet anywhere from -25c to -35c. That is true arctic air that makes the plunge into the upper Midwest. This would give us high temperatures in the single digits and teens below zero on Tuesday of next week. Now with that said, I have not bought into this gigantic cold snap quite yet just because this is the first run of this particular model that shows air this cold. Second, the other models show it getting colder but not that drastically. So, until there are several model runs of temperatures this bitterly cold, I will keep my forecast warmer. But, I will be watching it closely over the next few days and hoping this model warms up a bit.

~KDLT Meteorologist Cody Matz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts from you guys...