Sunday, September 6, 2009

New Wx Graphics

Okay, so I know that Aaron's already touched on this - but to a meteorologist, after using our old system, our new graphics are so exciting! So I can't help but write about it... actually that's part of the reason I didn't blog yesterday - I was working with the system basically all day, it does take a while to get the hang of this new system. But the interactivity we have with the graphics system is incredible, and I really think that they help us tell you the weather story even better. This is one of my favorite tools we have, our new virtual weather graphics set:

Basically we can point to any of the maps on this set and they will take over the full screen and then we can zip back to this set and choose a different map to look at and show you.

It makes me kind of anxious for severe weather coverage - but nervous at the same time. This new system makes us rely quite a bit on the computers to update our information as it is updated, so we can give you the latest information. I guess I'll have to start trusting the computers a bit more :)

Enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend!
~KDLT Meteorologist Jesse Ritka

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts from you guys...