Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Frost Advisories . . . Creeping Closer To Us

Well I mentioned it yesterday morning even though I didn't want to... they got some snow showers over in Casper and in Denver. It seems way to early to be talking about snow to me but I'm sure I just feel like that because we were so spoiled last week with the weather being above average. Yesterday and today definitely brought me back to reality that it IS September. Though temperatures aren't supposed to be this chilly, we're supposed to have highs in the low 70s instead of in the low 60s. There are actually frost advisories in North Dakota for tonight, could be an early frost for them with clear skies tonight (the counties shaded in blue). But these clouds that are blocking out the sun and keeping away the warmer temperatures are also acting like a blanket for us at night and making sure our temperatures don't drop below 40 degrees . . . good news for all the farmers and folks with gardens out there.

Keep warm... temperatures will eventually rebound, though I have to admit, I am a big fan of the sweater weather!

~KDLT Meteorologist Jesse Ritka

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts from you guys...