Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Questionable Snow Storm...

Well, Cody and I have been having some fun now with our next snowstorm for a couple of days... I actually started forecasting right after I woke up this morning to get a head start - and thank goodness for that! This is a tough one.

Here is what I've sorted out - but it's not without some troubles:

This map makes it seem very cut & dry - but believe me when I say it's anything but cut & dry. We are seeing some warmth wrap its way into this system, so portions of Iowa and Nebraska could see some freezing rain quickly at the beginning change to snow. Portions of SE Iowa could actually end up with a significant ice storm. This is because this system will be moving in from the Southwest. It has some very warm air it is wrapping up into the system.

Make sure you stay tuned to KDLT both at 10pm tonight and tomorrow morning for the latest snowfall totals from me and our morning meteorologist Cody Matz. Especially make sure you stay tuned if the exact amount of snow is important to you at all.

Have a great night!

~KDLT Meteorologist Aaron Shaffer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello from the Pacific Northwest,
Just wanted to let you know I check out your weather blog almost daily now that our daughter Kelly is living in Sioux Falls and working at KDLT. We are on "stormwatch" in Seattle today, they canceled school since they thought we would get snow, instead we had sun and 38 degrees. The meteorologists here have a heck of a time predicting weather, with the ocean, inland waters and 2 major mountain ranges (Cascades and Olympics). I will never complain about the weather here again, it never gets as cold as the Midwest.
Have a great Christmas everyone.

Post a Comment

Thoughts from you guys...