Sunday, August 9, 2009

Saturday's Storm Chase "Lite"

After the tornado warnings and the big storms crept closer and closer to Minnehaha County, I hopped into my car and took off with a camera.

Here is some of what I saw:



That was video of the scud clouds and shelf cloud from the departing supercell thunderstorm. As you can see, I wasn't the only one there... you can see a firetruck and a few other people watching the storm.

A little bit later we made it out to Hartford. Still trailing the storm too much to be right there should a tornado drop - but close enough for some good video of the shelf cloud from the storm behind the water tower.



As you can see... pretty impressive storms out there. Luckily no tornadoes and definitely no tornadoes impacting anybody. That's what I and most/all storm chasers hope for, and it's nice when it happens.

Have a great night - you can find one more clip on our KDLT Weather Facebook Page - just click on the link on the right-hand side of this page to get there!

~KDLT Chief Meteorologist Aaron Shaffer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I might have seen you shooting that video. I was at the same spot Saturday.

Post a Comment

Thoughts from you guys...