Thursday, October 1, 2009

Rain Follows Boundaries

So this posting is a little off topic and a bit of a stretch but it is something that I have been noticing more and more over the last couple of years. There are many aspects of weather that seem to conform to "imaginary" man made boundaries. Now, this could just be a bunch of coincidences, but I just thought I would share it with you. So here's what I'm talking about. Look at the picture below, it is a radar image from overnight last night. See if you can see anything that seems very coincidental with how the rain is oriented.
It may be tough to see, or by now you have no idea what I'm talking about and you think I'm crazy. But look at the shape of the rain in far southwest Minnesota, Rock county MN to be exact. Notice how the shape of the rain lines up exactly to the shape of the southwest edge of MN. The rain basically makes a 90 degree angle at the same point the state does. Keep in mind that the border of MN at all those locations is just an imaginary line, absolutely no geological feature that makes up the state border. So the rain could not have conformed to a river valley or mountain top or something of that nature. I am becoming amazed how often I see this type of thing occurring. So just pay attention to not only the weather but other objects nature provides and see if you can spot a "coincidence" between nature and man made boundaries.
~KDLT Meteorologist Cody Matz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts from you guys...